Top 10 Reasons to buy a CCTV System
CCTV Camera Systems one of the first ways many people take their home or business’ security into their own hands. More and more people are interested in having a fully secure home and installing a CCTV or IP Camera system is often the first step. Security camera systems allow you to both monitor and record activity 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your property. The technology behind these systems has improved in leaps and bounds over the past few years meaning that with more varieties, you can choose a perfect system for your needs. Here are the top 10 reasons to install one in your home or business!
- Monitor your children: There is nothing more important than the safety of your children. However, it is impossible to have your eyes on them all the time, which is why having a CCTV system will help you with that! Make sure they get home from school safely and start their homework in a timeous manner so that by the time you get back from work you can all relax together. CCTV Systems are also useful in keeping an eye on the elderly and ensuring their safety- it can even help them remember things they might have forgotten!
- Monitor your property: This is especially useful if you have many people coming and going from your property. If you are having renovations done and have many builders in and out all day this can be very useful. If you get notified about an alarm going off while you aren’t home you can easily see on your smart phone if anything suspicious is going on or not without having to rush home. It is also a perfect way of keeping a watchful eye on your home while you are on vacation- and if you have a second home- keeping an eye on that while it is vacant.
- Prevent Home Invasions: Having your home broken into can be one of the most harrowing experiences a home owner can go through. Your sense of security can be completely shattered and the headache of replacing valuable items (if possible) can be a nightmare. But did you know that even the sight of a CCTV Camera System is enough to deter a home invasion? Not only that, but a well-placed camera (in a dark corner or above the front door) will help you to easily identify who is at the front door and what their intensions are before you open it.
- Increase office productivity: Managing a business means keeping on top of everything and everyone at all times. However, no one can see everything that happens all the time. A CCTV Camera system is the perfect solution for this situation. This is a perfect accountability tool as it improves productivity, performance and a sense of safety, and can decrease theft of office supplies and money.
- Monitoring a High Risk Area: If your business has high risk areas such as places that fires may break out easily- like factories- then a CCTV system is the perfect way to keep close tabs on the situation at all times and allow for timeous responses to any incidents that might occur. This will ensure the safety of your employees, your equipment and ultimately your business. If there is a disaster such as a fire it will also provide evidence for insurance claims which leads us onto the next point…
- Helpful Evidence: A picture is worth a thousand words, so a video is even more valuable! If a crime is committed on your property, you will have video evidence to help back up your story, which will help justice prevail! If your CCTV Cameras are in a visible area, then by law you have installed them with ‘intent to protect’. In fact, studies reveal that when juries are presented with surveillance footage, the suspect is more likely to receive a conviction than if no video surveillance was used at all.
- Conflict Resolution: If there is a conflict in the workplace over something such as theft in the office, then having footage from a CCTV Camera system may be the perfect way to resolve such conflict. Even if it is a dispute about something small such as a missing pen and someone being accused of taking it, then CCTV footage will easily resolve the matter one way or another. It will also prevent further incidents from taking place. If conflicts such as this often occur in your office, then installing a CCTV Camera System is a proactive way of preventing more from happening down the line.
- Digital Storage: Most of the CCTV Camera Systems on the market today will allow you to backup and store your footage for at least a couple of weeks at a time. You can schedule the periods of time that you wish to record and back up so that you don’t clog your archived footage with information that isn’t of any use. Having digitally stored footage means that it can be played back again and again, and at any time you wish- without it taking up too much space.
- Reduction in Homeowners Insurance: Most homeowner’s insurance companies offer discounts to homes with CCTV Camera Systems. Taking an active role in insuring the safety of your home can only lower it’s risk and that means that you will be more likely to pay less every month. In general, a carefully planned, well integrated security system that includes a CCTV Camera System will mean lower rates. However, not all insurance companies will give you lower rates. The best approach is to check with your insurance providers about whether having CCTV can reduce home insurance and what security systems they prefer to see.
- Peace of Mind: Ultimately, the best reason to purchase a CCTV Camera System is for your own peace of mind. There are so many benefits to owning one and having access to footage of your property, it will undoubtedly help you sleep better at night. From protecting the people and things that are important to you, to providing useful evidence in case something goes wrong- CCTV Camera Systems are useful, reliable things to have on your property and purchasing one is a wise and sound idea.